Our first road trip with Baby SF will definitely be one to remember! As new parents, we didn’t know what to expect, so we opted for a destination not too far from home – Ottawa, Ontario!
So glad we chose Ottawa because it was the perfect mini-escape! We stayed at none other than Fairmont Chateau Laurier, and had the most incredible time.
While in Ottawa, we had a chance to meet up with Emma from @photosbyemmah – a super talented photographer who moved from Toronto to Ottawa about 10 years ago. She was kind enough to capture some precious moments of our first trip with Baby SF, and they turned out to be so so so cute! I’m so excited to share some of them below!
I also wanted to share some details about our experience working with Emma, in case anyone is looking for an Ottawa-based photographer for their upcoming wedding or family events!
Here’s what we thought:
- Professional – Emma was super professional not only when it came to her photography gear and equipment, but also in the way she presented herself. She was on time, followed covid-guidelines, and although this may be a minor detail – she was dressed in all black. Dressing in black is a general rule of thumb in the photography world – so I was quite impressed that she took this into consideration!
- Personable – Although she was professional, she was also very personable! Super easy to talk to and get along with – which is so so important when working with a photographer. Because she was so down to earth, she made us feel comfortable and was able to get the most amazing (and natural) shots. Bonus point: She was great with Baby SF too!
- Knows the best spots! – Since we were new to the city, Emma basically became our tour guide and showed us all the hidden gems. She actually sent us some recommendations ahead of time so we could look up the spots and get an idea of the types of photos we wanted.
- Quick Turnaround – Based on the type of event you hire her for, I’m sure this may vary (wedding, engagement shoot, etc.) but overall, I was super pleased with the quick turnaround and high quality photos.
- Good Eye – Her attention to detail is what stood out when we were looking for photographers in Ottawa. She truly puts her heart and soul into photography and obviously takes the time to edit and enhance each and every shot as evident above!
Overall, I highly recommend checking out @photosbyemmah for all your photography needs! I mean, her photos speak for themselves, but she’s also the kindest human, and super talented when it comes to working with kids. You won’t regret it!
Until next time,
/in Partnership with Photos by Emma